- Book: The Gruffalo
- Author Julia Donaldson
- Illustrator: Axel Scheffler
- Publisher: Puffin Books
- Learning target: animals and body descriptions in English.
- Age: 5 (not afraid child) on +
The Gruffalo is a rhyming story for children written by the English author Julian Donaldson. You can meet the author here. Teaching with The Gruffalo is much fun. You should try it.
Online exercises to learn English with The Gruffalo
Here they are some great online language exercises related to the book for kids who can read already. Have a look!
Julia Donaldson and her husband Malcon Donaldson reading aloud of the book. They are so fantastic! 🙂
The Gruffalo is a 2009 British-German short computer animated TV film based on the 1999 picture book written by Julia Donaldson and illustrated by Axel Scheffler. We have watched that so many times here at home we can say that it is totally faithful to the book. It is available in Amazon Prime.
Have a look at this page here for more information.
Give your children the opportunity to play online with the story.
Have a look at here
Print, cut and play finger puppets here.
Writing and Speaking
Children listen and write the descriptions OR Children watch and describe the Gruffalo orally.
- This listening activity here works with rhymes and animals from the story. Ask them to try to do before listening and then they listen and check.
- Print this page here , cut the picture and as children to organize the animals in the order they appear in the story.
That is all! Hope you and your children will find lots of interesting free time with Gruffalo.Sue